Disclosure. This is my first time baking just…whole wheat anything!
I’m as skeptical as you are right now.
Is it even any good?!!??!
The answer is, YES!
I love baking for people and especially for my boyfriend.
Because he will even devour my burnt cookies and bread, and act as if it was the most delicious burnt cookie ever! …so maybe he’ll just eat anything?
They say, a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
And in this case, I definitely won him over with my award winning trial and error-burnt foods. I once made garlic bread but left the bread in the oven for so long that it ended up as hard as a rock. But guess who still ate that?!?
Ps. It pairs nicely with my favorite wine, Cupcake Chardonnay.
Grab a glass! ….of milk 😛
- 1/2 cup applesauce (instead of butter)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips!
- Preheat oven 350.
- In a large bowl, add the applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, honey, and eggs. Beat in the bananas. Add the flour, walnuts and chocolate chips – mix as you pour in the flour!
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take it out, lay an aluminum foil across the top of your pan.
- Bake additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool.
- Take it out of the pan, set it on a cooling rack.
applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, bananas
Using a hand mixer. I can’t wait to get a KitchenAid mixer..later in my life.
Thrifty Bee – Dark & Robust is not as sweet. It has a strong, bold flavor. SO, I mixed it with the regular honey.
Baking with loveeee…for chocolates.
More chocolate chips ❤
And it’s done!
mmmmmmhmm.. I added some walnuts on top before putting it in the oven. It’s yummy and looks pretty.
It’s pretty sweet…
The bread tastes really sweet from the honey.
It’s really moist and soft from the applesauce.
Makes a great breakfast!
Grab a slice on the go!
Enjoy it with a nice, warm cup of coffee!